20090610

Hi, my name is Rocky, I like photography

Why? Perhaps because it may be a potential on-the-side income generator? I like to show off my nice camera? Meet hot models (likely)? Or perhaps it's actually something I have a bit of talent in...

I like to fine tune an image to one I'm truly satisfied with. You'll rarely see any shots of mine that I haven't hand picked from each batch that I take. Don't ask either..there's no point showing you the rest of them after you've seen the best shot.

I used to snap 30 shots and choose the best one. There's bound to be one good one. Nowadays, I take more care in each shot to get it right (work in progress). Plus it reduces the wear on the equipment, not that I've ever let that stop me to get the shot I wanted. FACT: The life of a modern (Nikon consumer) SLR is ~150,000 actuation limited by its shutter mechanism.

I like to capture friends' smiles. Though only a few aren't camera shy. But I'm picky, I'm not shooting all your fobby poses. Tastefully posed only please.

I like keep track of my progress. I follow and review my work often, which I believe is important to any learning process. If you've ever been on my Flickr stream, this is where I post all my work since since day 1 (day 1 being when I got my D70, which isn't really day 1)

That's all that's on my mind about photography at the moment...this blog desperately needs some reviving

rocky

No comments:

Post a Comment