20090109

3rd bike in 5 days

My plan is to ride to work for the term in sunny California. The trip is just over 4.5km and about 30 minutes fill with a landscape you never seen around Toronto (ie. a 27 degree slope from the driveway). The following day I arrived in San Diego, I went to buy a bike at Walmart, $69. 2 minutes out of Walmart, the chain breaks = exchange.

Today after work, the front tire went flat. So I looked up the nearest gas station for an air pump - ~1.5km away. The tire didn't fill up. At this point, I'm over 8km from home to avoid a steep hill. Left work at 5 and got home at 7:30. Turns out the tubing had an almost foot long rip in it. Somehow, I suspect someone did it...but who knows. I'll park it somewhere else at work.

Jim, my landlord, kindly drove me to Walmart for a second exchange. Hopefully this one lasts longer.

I brought my camera along today, so I took advantage anyways to lighten up a depressing situation. I miss my car.

Pomerado





Pomerado

No comments:

Post a Comment