20091104

fozzie drools a river

Bookmark and Share

The second pet portrait session this weekend is of this big puppy.

Meet Fozzie, the one year old Shar Pei. Energetic, playful and drools a river. Being a young pup that he is, he was jumpy throughout the shoot, but that is what makes him fun!

This is the biggest dog I've shot so far and the first time I found the 6ft backdrop to be a bit small after four shoots. The 9ft would have been ideal but I don't have a 9ft white...yet. He's also the darkest dog I have shot in a studio setting. Quite difficult to get all the details and more work in post to get it right.

Now it is increasing colder, it's getting difficult to shoot in the garage because I have to shoot with the doors closed and it's hard to use a longer focal range.

I did four shoots on the same backdrop (using both sides because I'm cheap like that). Some more time spent on the computer to clean up some dirt but generally it's not so bad and I can reuse it. I have found that after other dogs have been on the backdrop, the next one is more interested in sniffing it out and staying on the backdrop. But this dog was a whole new experience. 10 minutes into the shoot and the paper was soaked. Seamless paper is a disposable item, got to keep that in mind.

Enjoy!

Fozzie

Fozzie

*more shots to come, the editting backlog is getting long*

No comments:

Post a Comment