20091025

craigslist lowballers

Selling an Nikon 18-200mm VR lens.
It's in mint condition, barely used, paper and all. Purchased in 2008 at Henry's for 799.99+tax.

So I posted this on to Craigslist @ $650, some of the responses I got:

hi, there.  do you still have this? 
Can I offer $500?  Black's have this for $699, I was there a few days ago.
Let me know.
thanks
Hi there
I saw these advertised at my local camera shop on sale for $700.   Considering that yours is used and a year old would you accept $450 for it??
thanks

And a new low:
Would you do 400?
At $699.99+tax = $789.87, brand new in stores. I don't see how a 1 year old lens can depreciate $300. A camera body, maybe...a lens...no. The only justification is that there is an updated version of this lens out. But other than a zoom lock button and slightly better VR, this lens can still perform just as well.

I would like to sell this lens to offset the cost of the new monster I got. I don't use it enough to justify its price tag. But this is not a f*ckin' charity giveaway.

*strobist info:
SB800 left, SB900 right, no light modifiers
triggered via CLS system on manual. The SB900 was dialed down a bit lower due to the fact that it is a bit more powerful than the SB800

Nikon 18-200mm VR

No comments:

Post a Comment